Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mad Engineering Illustrated, Badly

I think that some of the things I write up on this blog would be easier to understand if I drew them up. I'm not much of an artist, but I do have a CAD program that should display a reasonable approximation of layers, and later programs to add color for contrast. QCAD, ho!

First, the implantable glucose testing device. The device is planted in the arm, with the vein and the arm-bone shown.

It would live in your arm

Hm, that didn't help much Then, the artificial heart idea.

Rotary pumps and glucolysis makes it work
.....

QCAD, you're fired. Clearly not the tool for the CAD-inexperienced
user. GIMP, can you clean it up?

Parts identified, although not well

...Gah. You're fired too, GIMP. Hire artist.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...