Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm 30

As of this posting, I am 30 years old. This is slightly less than one third of my statistically predicted lifetime, and exactly one fourth of what I predicted as a youngun.
...
...
...where did all the time go?
Well, actually, if I go by my own internal sense of time, I'm about 9 trillion years old, because of all the un-fun things I had to do (when your perception of time totally drags), like attend classes, do paperwork, wait in waiting rooms for doctors or dentists or whatever, and so and so. It would probably be 12 trillion by now if not for all the fun things I've done over my lifetime too. Psychology textbooks suggest that the remaining 45 - 90 years of my life will seem to take less time. Maybe only 3 or 4 trillion more years. I swear to make them.....awesome.

4 comments:

TwoYaks said...

angniq anutiiq elpenun! Happy birthday! Try to make today a little shorter than 24 hours! ;)

The Chinese guy said...

Heh I hit 30 last month..... it was muted for sure....

However 30 is the new 20 these days I reckon!

Professor Preposterous said...

Thanks guys.

TwoYaks: Is that Inuit? Also, how would I make the day less than 24 hours? Or did you mean my perception of it?

Chinese guy: Muted, you say? My girlfriend didn't remember until mid afternoon. I suppose I should have mentioned it at the time. (But then, I hadn't known at the time. Happy belated birthday?)
It would have been nice to know what I know now when I was 20....

TwoYaks said...

Yup'ik Eskimo. Inuit talk funny. ;) I meant your perception of it, of course! Hope you had a good one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...