Friday, July 16, 2010

Flying Brain Games

I hate flying. I have severe motion sickness unless I specifically take medications to counteract that. I hate the crowding, the security nonsense, and the sitting in a seat with nothing useful to do for hours and hours. In the past, I've slept (a side effect of the medicine), looked out the window, and read that stupid catalog and all the magazines I was able to bring aboard. Going anywhere in the country in a few hours is nice, and air travel is still the only way to go to the other side of the world in a mere 12 hours.
Well, the boredom problem may soon be going away, says Discovery news, because a Canadian company is making a sysem where you neurologically control a computer, which has a screen on the back of the seat in front of you. You could use it to help meditate. Or practice golfing. (The virtual golf performs best when the system reads brainwaves associated with successful real-world golfing.) Or...the possibilities are limitless, at least in theory.
Probably about as useful as issuing everyone on the plane a laptop for the duration of the flight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...